Sunday, April 25, 2010

Earth Week

This week a life event has been taking place for my sister and her life partner Blaine. As I have mentioned before, Blaine has cancer and each day his health has been declining more. It looks as if the end may be very near and they are together now sharing their last hours. I read a quote today that goes something like; 'Life is great, death is peaceful, it's the transition that's so troublesome.' All of my loving thoughts and compassion is with them at this time.

This past week has also been Earth Week. I did my best to get involved and do take reducing my carbon footprint very seriously. As I was walking the 8 km home one day I kept thinking about how far it was to my house and getting very tired and frustrated. When I realized that all my thoughts were focused on arriving, I switched to just thinking about the walking. I looked around and noticed everything around me more clearly and even found a new path along the river. Of course this parallels life in general; being able to live each moment, each day to it's fullest. I am grateful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately I can no longer allow anonymous comments due to spammers.