Thursday, April 1, 2010

Walk for Blaine

Walking with intention is much better than just walking to see how far I can go. For one thing it combines two things that I've been telling myself I need to do for years..... exercise more and meditate. Today's walk was filled with thoughts for a wonderful person; my brother-in-law Blaine. Blaine's battle with illness is a very tough one right now and I send lots of love to him today.

It is Easter weekend and I have 4 days off work. I plan to spend much of this time with my family and also lots of time outside enjoying this glorious weather. I have finished reading 'The Pilgrimage' by Coelho and I wasn't crazy about it. This was the 1st book that he wrote and even though it was about the Camino de Santiago, which I am very interested in, there was just too much weirdness in it to keep me from loving it. He spent lots of time talking to spirits and even at one point fights a dog because he needs to exorcise the evil spirit that lives within it. So that's my big book review for you. I normally do love Coelho and the next one I have to read of his is 'eleven minutes', which apparently is about sex, so hopefully he won't get too weird about that too! First I will read 'Hypnotizing Maria' which my daughter Grace lent to me and she seemed to like it a lot. Between working, walking and reading, housework is getting lower and lower on my priority least these days. Good for me I say!
Happy Easter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately I can no longer allow anonymous comments due to spammers.