Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 32 - Ribadiso to Santa Irene - 20 km

I really must be ready to go home because last night I laid awake thinking about cleaning my laundry room. I've had a mental block about cleaning the laundry room for a long time. So maybe that is one of the reasons that I'm here? One thing for sure, there won't be anymore yellow arrows to tell me which way to go so I'll need to start making grownup decisions again. And here's something I've learned on the Camino; Roosters do not just cocka doodle doo in the morning!

For the past 3 days I have been walking the Camino with 48 seventeen year olds and 4 teachers on a high school trip. They're healthy great kids; in other words very loud and boisterous with raging hormones. I've made several attempts to get on a different time schedule, but have not been able to shake them. Today I had the opportunity to speak with the English teacher (who doesn't know much English because he asked me how to translate the words 'Buen Camino') and he told me where their destination was for tonight. My feet have been pretty sore after my long walks the past couple of days so I decided to change my schedule and stopped at the town 3 km before my Spanish teenage friends. Whatever it takes for a little serenity :)

I'm pretty happy about my new plan because this means I'll only walk 14 km tomorrow and then 10 km on Saturday morning into Santiago. This will be a great wind down from the long days of walking. I'm staying at a very nice little Albergue tonight that only holds 15 people. They're making me fish for dinner while I sit there in a cafe doing my little update. Mmmmm, guess I'll have to start cooking again soon won't I?

3 comments:

  1. Go Catherine Go Catherine.......I'm doing a little cheer dance for you to help you get through the next couple of days.
    Sounds like you're really appreciating what you have. We probably good all do with remembering how good we have it.
    Keepg on walking with your great positive attitude. Cheers Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn. I have so much energy this morning. I think I might make it all the way. Just stopped for a little break at a cafe with wifi. Terrible that I don't break completely from technology isn't it. But I've forgiven myself. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the time you read this Catherine you will have already made it to Santiago!!! Bravo - oops French, Bueno - that's better, si? I'm very excited for you and am totally in awe of your camino fortitude. Day after day of 20+ km. You deserve whatever is in store for you at the finish. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately I can no longer allow anonymous comments due to spammers.