Friday, March 12, 2010

Who I Am

I am a mother of 5 children. If I were to pick a single phrase purpose, that is it. I became a mother 27 years ago and and I will always be a mother, but I am at the point of re-defining who I am in this journey of life. If someone were to say, "tell me about yourself", what would I say? Am I my job? I hope not. What am I other than the mother of 5 children? Don't get me wrong.... I am very grateful for that honour, but the thing is those children are now young adults and need to follow their own path ..... experience their own successes, hardships, challenge and adventure. They don't need me hovering over, fretting, and trying to control their destiny. It is time for my mind to open and to pay attention to where the universe is leading me. It is time to broaden my focus and to look about, beyond the walls that I have erected; It is time to walk.

2 comments:

  1. just read the whole thing... great blog, How did we get to be 50+ so quickly? Wasn't it just yesterday we were playing table hockey in your parents basement??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. Given that you've done a great job and have a very good relationship with each of your children, so maybe you should rewrite your sentence a bit. Maybe "mother of five children who each consider her their friend". Now THAT'S an accomplishment! How many mothers can genuinely claim that??

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately I can no longer allow anonymous comments due to spammers.