Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lunenburg NS

Shelbourne is the prettiest little historic town. I Really enjoyed walking along the boardwalk by the water looking at museums and craft shops. I wish I had stayed here last night, but at least spent a couple of hours this a.m.

 

I do believe that Lunenburg is a tourist trap. I understand that tourism is probably their main source of income, but all the prices are higher than in Halifax, which doesn't make sense. $52 for whale watching? I'll watch a YouTube video I think. There are some pretty nice ships to see here though, so would definitely recommend making a pit-stop.

And not to be a complainer, (what would a vacation be without at least a couple of complaints?) but here is what I recommend about booking a B&B online.

  1. Check the reviews before booking
  2. Assume that if it costs $55 per night incl. breakfast that you don't want to stay there
  3. Make sure it is IN the town your going to and not 10k out
  4. If a very large host answers the door in a smelly and dirty wife-beater shirt it's not a good sign
And the worst thing is when you realize that you've booked this really bad place for 2 nights. I have to give 48 hrs to cancel the 2nd night, but at $55 I'm going to be outta here tomorrow. Mr. Large Host's girlfriend just arrived. Oh geez, I'm being too judgmental. The good thing, besides the price, is the view of the little boats across the road.

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. Been there. Now I ALWAYS read reviews before hand and if there aren't any, I don't stay. Soinds horrible.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Can't you get a refund by accusing false advertising? Probably not. Hope tomorrow's better :)

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately I can no longer allow anonymous comments due to spammers.