Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tired and Stuffed - Halifax Day II

I'm exhausted. But in a good way :) Walked and ate so much! I started out the day with waffles with warm homemade wild blueberry sauce and coffee at the B&B. Then to Halifax and onto the Harbour Hopper; a very expensive, but fun motor/amphibian tour.

Next was the Nova Scotia Art Gallery, where I saw the Maud Lewis exhibition. In case you don't know who Maud Lewis is, please check this out; It can't help but make you smile. The rest of the exhibitions were rather confusing. I never understand when large galleries feature art that honestly looks like crap. The one thing good that came from it was that I left there feeling like I was better at painting than most of them (or maybe I just don't get it)

Then onto the Public Garden where you see the most beautiful art ever, compliments of Mother Nature. I enjoyed myself here more than at the art gallery and happened to be present during the Dahlia exhibition. Am I sounding like a senior citizen when I say that? I don't care. When I get home I am painting Dahlias!

 

At the park at the mouth of the harbour I did lots more walking. I was so tired that I sat down to watch the ships come into the harbour and noded off. I wasn't sure if I was more tired or hungry, but the hunger won :) Even though I had eaten lobster roll for lunch (chopped up lobster on a bun); when in Halifax.....

 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're having such a great time :-) Enjoy the east coast. I will be heading that way soon too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hon - I think you've already seen more in 2 days than we have all the times we've been there!! So glad your enjoying everything "down east" and the great seafood.

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately I can no longer allow anonymous comments due to spammers.