Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wolfville NS and Area

L'Acadie Blanc Grapes

I only had two things planned for today; find my next Bed & Breakfast and visit a winery. I ended up visiting two wineries, 9 towns and meeting a well known local watercolour artist. When I pulled up the lane of the B&B I started to worry. No one was there and a note was posted 'be back at 3:00'. But what worried me was that the place looked like a dive that was very old with overgrown weeds. The web site made it sound luxurious and I started preparing my speech about false advertising. About 3:30 I met the owner and hesitantly went inside. "You can't tell a book by its cover" is an understatement, because this place really is beautiful.

In my bedroom there are two watercolour paintings and I soon discovered that the whole house was full of paintings by the same artist. I asked who she was and learned that 'Linda Backhouse' lived very close by; so I set out on my mission to find her. Nine towns later we met. Linda and I talked for about an hour and she explained many of her techniques as well as tips on other things to see in the area. Since I couldn't afford one of her actual paintings I bought greeting cards and bookmarks. This is just a photo of a greeting card, but you get the idea of her work. She told me I could come back and take classes from her so now another idea is brewing in my mind :)

 

Is it possible to eat too much seafood? Tonight Seafood Chowder and, because I'm on vacation , I introduce you to ...... Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake! I think tomorrow is going to have to be another walking day!

 

3 comments:

  1. Uh oh.. Does this mean you'll be retiring in Nova Scotia?

    Awesome that you found the painter. Will you be able to fit a class in tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are making the most of every day!! Sounds like a great trip so far. All is well here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy story! You live such an exciting life! :) I'm so glad I get to live vicariously through you - keep the blogs coming!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately I can no longer allow anonymous comments due to spammers.