Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 16 - Boadilla to Carrion de Los Condes - 26 km

The 1st 6 km feels a whole lot different than the last 6 km! That is my only revelation for today. The morning was so beautiful. I was practically skipping down this path with the cool air and the mist over the Canal de Castilla. You can see in this picture just how picturesque it was.

I was walking with a fellow from Ireland and we were exchanging stories about the wonderful 'coincidences' we had experienced since starting the Camino. We both also had interesting experiences with certain people who had been put in our path along the way. We shared a feeling that we were supposed to learn something from individuals who we had run into again and again and again. It was quite the deep philosophical little discussion and then we arrived at Fromista about an hour later. We had a very nice surprise as we walked into town and saw the continuation of the canal!

I'm sorry to say that that's about where the enjoyable walk today ended. The rest of the 20 km to Carrion was along side a busy road with very few rest stops and no shade. My feet were aching and burning so badly that I was starting to worry. I'm staying at the Monistario San Zoilo tonight and just finished soaking my feet for about an hour. Here is the view from outside my window. This place doesn't serve breakfast until 8:30 and I'll have to be on the path about an hour earlier to take advantage of the cool air, so I've bought some yogurt and fruit from the supermercado. Sleep and maybe a little ibuprofen tonight will do wonders.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,Catherine

    Thanks for sharing, I enjoy your posts so much!I have plan to do this someday :)
    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sysilia! I'm so happy you can share my Camino with me!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately I can no longer allow anonymous comments due to spammers.