Sunday, September 4, 2011

Set backs or Fate

Sometimes a chain of events just happens. My flight out of London was 45 min late taking off, THEN, after running full speed through the Toronto airport to catch next flight, my flight to Paris was 2 hours late leaving. THEN I had missed my train to Bordeaux and can't get another one until 4:30 pm. WHICH MEANS that I miss my train to St Jean Pied de Port, where I start the Camino AND where I have a reservation at a B&B and have no way of canceling. All added up, I lose a full day and spending about $180; thanks Air Canada.

I think when you're on the Camino you're supposed to view setbacks like this a 'all part of the journey' and the difference of a day may chance the entire Camino experience. Maybe soon I'll be Zen about it all, but right now, after 2 hours sleep, I'm slightly annoyed.

Onward and upward.....

4 comments:

  1. In March of 2010, I drove from Niagara Falls to Toronto, flew to London, had to take a bus to a differnt airport in London, where I caught a flight to southern France, then had to catch a bus to a different city where you caught the train to St Jean only the tracks were down so I had to catch a bus. I felt like I was a contestant on Amazing Race. You are experiencing why they say it is never easy to get to St Jean, which is a small town in the middle of nowhere at the foothills of the mountains. Just getting there is a test in itself. But you will get there and you will start the journey and you will do well. We are all cheering for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what it's like Tim. The amazing race. I think maybe it's a little test. If you can get to St Jean Pied de Port you can walk the Camino!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of you as I sat and listened to the storm warnings Saturday night and wondered if you got off the ground at all in T.O. Lots of lightening, thunder and heavy rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad you'll miss meeting up with the Irish. Maybe your hotel will give a night's stay when you finally arrive. They're probably use to people not making it. Glad you got there safe. The journey has begun!

    ReplyDelete

Unfortunately I can no longer allow anonymous comments due to spammers.